Dallas, TX – Director of Engineering & Construction
The Director of Engineering & Construction has responsibility for capital projects and operations support across all Iron Horse Midstream natural gas pipelines, processing plants, and compressor facilities.
- Must be a graduate of a 4-year engineering program
- 10+ years of natural gas engineering & operations experience.
- Knowledge of industry codes/standards, permitting and safety requirements
- Possess managerial skills sufficient to direct technical managers
- Must have managed engineering personnel in prior roles
- Able to speak fluent English and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Satisfactory pre-employment drug screen
- Participation in drug testing program
- Satisfactory pre-employment background check
- Promote company policies and procedures to ensure safe and professional work conditions
- Must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, strong communication skills, and demonstrate a positive attitude for this position
- Supervise and manage project managers, construction managers, engineering technicians, and GIS personnel
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards (e.g., ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, etc.)
- Demonstrate in-depth proficiency with Ariel Compressor software, Synergi Hydraulic Modeling Software, and ProMax process simulation software
- Manage company engineering and construction codes and standards
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures, environmental, regulatory, federal, state and other regulatory requirements
- Manage capital project budgets, upkeep of process simulations and hydraulic models, engineering reports, etc.
- Oversee all engineering and construction efforts to achieve company goals within budgeted funds and available personnel
- Direct engineering tasks through Process Safety management (PSM) Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Plan and organize workloads and staff assignments, review progress, direct changes in priorities and schedules as needed to assure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner